THE African Action Congress, AAC, has on Monday announced the suspension its national chairman and 2019 presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, and nine others over alleged corruption and abuse of office.
The party which said the suspension of Sowore and others was for six months in the first instance, appointed Leonard Nzenwa, as the new national chairman.
Sowore’s suspension was conveyed in a communiqué read by Mazi Okwy, a member of the party’s National Executive Committee.
According to the communiqué, signed by the acting National Chairman, Leonard Nzenwa and the Deputy National Secretary, Abayomi Francis Olufemi, the decision of the party was the resolution of the National Executive Committee of the AAC, at its 2nd National Executive Committee meeting, held 27th March, 2019, in Abuja.
The party accused Mr Sowore, the publisher of SaharaReporters of “deliberate inability to convene or hold the constitutionally mandated quarterly meetings of the National Executive Committee and other organs of the party.”
9jabook Super WordPress Nigeria
- Buchi Emecheta: Google Doodle celebrates prolific British-Nigerian author Feminist Activist – Her Amazing Story
- 8 British Muslims Cycling From London To Medina For Hajj
- What do Italians think of Nigerians ?
- How to fix a Galaxy S8 that won’t fast charge anymore [troubleshooting guide] www.androids.com.ng
- Boko Haram militants have killed a member of the Action Against Hunger, Grace Taku, as well as a driver while three health workers are missing.