Hebrew name meaning “swift are the spoils, speedy is the plunder” Maher-shalal-hash-baz, was the second son of the prophet Isaiah. This is the longest name (and word) used in the Bible.
Famous real-life people named Mahershalalhashbaz
Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, American actor.
The two longest words in the Bible have 18 letters each.
MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ (Isaiah 8:1) is the name given to Isaiah’s son, meaning “swift is booty, speedy is prey.”
JONATH-ELEM-RECHO-KIM, which is found in the title of Psalm 56, is the name of a song and means “the silent dove of far-off places”.
The second longest word in the Bible is CHU-SHAN-RISH-A-THA-IM (17 letters). It is first recorded in Judges 3:8 and it is the name of “the king of Mesopotamia” and means “the Ethiopian of double wickednesses”.
There are eight 16-letter words:
BA-SHAN-HA-VOTH-JA-IR (Deuteronomy 3:14), COVENANTBREAKERS (Romans 1:31), EVILFAVOUREDNESS (Deuteronomy 17:1), KIB-ROTH-HAT-TA-A-VAH (Numbers 11:34), LOVINGKINDNESSES (Psalm 25:6), SE-LA-HAM-MAH-LE-KOTH (1 Samuel 23:28), UNPROFITABLENESS (Hebrews 7:18), CHE-PHAR-HA-AM-MO-NAI (Joshua 18:24).
The longest unhyphenated words in the Bible are COVENANTBREAKERS (Romans 1:31), EVILFAVOUREDNESS (Deuteronomy 17:1), LOVINGKINDNESSES (Psalm 25:6), UNPROFITABLENESS (Hebrews 7:18) (all 16 letters).
34 Therefore the name of that place was called Kib’roth-hatta’avah,
1 Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man’s pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz.
Not to be forgotten is Pocherethhazzebaim (18 letters) found in Ezra 2:57. However I’ve noted that some words may be slightly different in spelling in different Bible translations. This rendition is taken from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
9jabook Super WordPress Nigeria
- Buchi Emecheta: Google Doodle celebrates prolific British-Nigerian author Feminist Activist – Her Amazing Story
- 8 British Muslims Cycling From London To Medina For Hajj
- What do Italians think of Nigerians ?
- How to fix a Galaxy S8 that won’t fast charge anymore [troubleshooting guide] www.androids.com.ng
- Boko Haram militants have killed a member of the Action Against Hunger, Grace Taku, as well as a driver while three health workers are missing.