Spezia Manager Vincezo Italiano said his team didn’t show enough when defending against Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen.
Osimhen gave a man-of-the-match performance when he scored a brace and grabbed an assist to lead Napoli to a 4-1 victory against the strugglers at the Stadio Alberto Picco.
Osimhen doubled Napoli’s lead in the 23rd minute before he added the second in the 44th minute to make it 3-0.
Spezia managed to pull one back through Roberto Piccol four minutes after an hour mark, but Osimhen helped Napoli restored their 3 goals advantage when he set up Mexican striker Irving Lozano in the 79th minute.
Speaking after the game, Vincezo Italiano hinted that his side struggled to cope with the speed of Nigeria international.
“It was a game that started badly and we never recovered. The credit goes to Napoli, as they were so aggressive and didn’t allow us to get into any kind of rhythm.
“We were too timid and didn’t show enough courage when closing Osimhen down,” he told reporters.
Osimhen has now scored ten goals for Napoli this season, despite battling injury and Covid-19.
The post is an advert from www.advertis.uk We struggled to cope with Victor Osimhen, says Spezia coach appeared first on Latest Sports News In Nigeria.
- HMOs Medical Insurance Top List In Nigeria ! What is an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization)?
- List of Care Services & Nursing Homes for the Elderly in Lagos
- 5 inflammation-fighting food swaps
- Is IBD an underrecognized health problem in minority groups?
- Sickle cell disease in newborns and children: What families should know and do