Transfer chatter has the Reds taking an unexpected approach to their goalkeeping situation.
When Caoimhin Kelleher displaced Adrian as Liverpool’s second choice in goal over the winter months, most thought the writing was on the wall for the veteran Spaniard shot stopper who had been key to the club’s 2019-20 title push.
Rumours that there was interest on both Adrian and Real Betis’ sides to have the 34-year-old return to his former club to close out his career only seemed to confirm his future lay away from Anfield. However, it appears that may not be the case.
At least according to The Mail’s Simon Jones, who claims that Adrian and Liverpool are now closing in on a contract extension that would see him remain at the club for one more season while the 22-year-old Kelleher is sent out on loan.
While more regular playing time might be to Kelleher’s benefit at this stage in his career, if there’s any truth to the rumour it would represent an unexpected development in how the Reds plan to approach the goalkeeper position next season.
Whatever the club’s plans , the past few seasons would seem to suggest Liverpool’s number two will be needed at some point next season, with first choice Alisson Becker missing time due to injury in two of his three seasons in England.
- HMOs Medical Insurance Top List In Nigeria ! What is an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization)?
- List of Care Services & Nursing Homes for the Elderly in Lagos
- 5 inflammation-fighting food swaps
- Is IBD an underrecognized health problem in minority groups?
- Sickle cell disease in newborns and children: What families should know and do