A thigh injury picked up while England prepared for Euro 2021 sees the Liverpool fullback sidelined.
Following a week that started with Trent Alexander-Arnold widely rumoured to be set to miss the cut and be left out of England’s Euro 2021 squad entirely before a surprise inclusion for the Liverpool fullback ends with him once again out of the England picture.
After the fullback picked up an injury in a warm-up match against Austria on Wednesday evening, Thursday brought with it the results of a scan on Alexander-Arnold’s thigh and a ruling on the 22-year-old’s status: he is expected to miss six weeks
It’s a blow that seems mostly significant to Alexander-Arnold personally, with the player not believed to be England manager Gareth Southgate’s first choice at the position and his injury not likely to result in him missing any of Liverpool’s 2021-22 pre-season plans.
England’s Euro 2021 tournament is scheduled to kick off on Sunday, June 13th against Croatia, with the final game of the tournament then set for Sunday, July 11th. Liverpool are scheduled to begin their own pre-season preparations on July 12th.
- HMOs Medical Insurance Top List In Nigeria ! What is an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization)?
- List of Care Services & Nursing Homes for the Elderly in Lagos
- 5 inflammation-fighting food swaps
- Is IBD an underrecognized health problem in minority groups?
- Sickle cell disease in newborns and children: What families should know and do