Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic has undergone successful surgery on a knee injury which ruled him out of Euro 2020, club side AC Milan confirmed on Friday.
“Ibrahimovic underwent an arthroscopic (procedure) to his left knee in Rome,” AC Milan said in a statement, adding that “the procedure was a success.”
“Zlatan is doing well and will start his rehabilitation immediately.”
The 39-year-old pulled up in Milan’s 3-0 league win over Juventus on May 9.
He is expected to be sidelined for another two months, according to reports in Italy.
swordpress.ng ojoojoo.com search: FG Appoints Mikel Obi As Youth Ambassador
Recovery times after this type of procedure are estimated at one month to get back running and a further month to be able to play.
Ibrahimovic could be back on the pitch just in time for the start of the new season on August 21-22.
The forward had returned to his national side last March nearly five years after his international farewell.
- HMOs Medical Insurance Top List In Nigeria ! What is an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization)?
- List of Care Services & Nursing Homes for the Elderly in Lagos
- 5 inflammation-fighting food swaps
- Is IBD an underrecognized health problem in minority groups?
- Sickle cell disease in newborns and children: What families should know and do