OJOOJOO THE NIGERIAN SEARCH ENGINE

A 78-year-old man has reportedly been arrested by police for allegedly killing his wife over insecurity.

Naija News understands that a marriage of fifty-three years ended horribly after the man allegedly used a hammer on his 74-year old wife.

It was reported that Mr James Flora, a resident in Washington had attacked his wife just because he suspected her of cheating on him. Flora, however, has landed himself in the Pierce County prison on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of his wife whose name is revealed as Ella Joyce Flora.

Naija News understands that Police officers with the University Place Police Department visited Flora family home in the 5600 blocks of 61st Avenue West to perform a welfare check on the wife following a call by her spouse on Monday noon.

Further reports revealed Flora went to Tacoma General Hospital and complained to personnel at the hospital that he had choked his wife during a fight at their home. Upon reaching their house, police officers who responded to the call rang the doorbell, but no one answered. They, however, forced their way into the apartment through an open window. Inside.

The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed after an autopsy that the victim’s cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head. Investigators said that James repeatedly struck his wife with a hammer and then put plastic wrap on her mouth and nose until she stopped breathing.

People in their neighbourhood also confirmed that the relationship of the couple has been for years with violent.

The husband, Mr James when investigated said his wife had been cheating on him for years and said he ‘knew it was occurring.

The post Husband Kills His Wife Of 53 Years With A Hammer Over Insecurity appeared first on Retwtr.com News Adverts Nigerian Twitter Search Nigeria Click now login logout with facebook – Latest News and Updates.

Facebook Comments
Read more Comments Off on Husband Kills His Wife Of 53 Years With A Hammer Over Insecurity

Award-winning Nigerian singer, Oluwatobiloba Anidugbe, popularly known as Kizz Daniel, has revealed why he decided to keep his relationship private even before he became popular.

According to him, “I made the decision to keep my relationship private a very long time before I became famous and I have decided to keep it that way”.

Kizz when asked how he has been coping amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the talented singer stated that he had been staying safe and recording music.

Unfortunately, the pandemic has caused global disruption of activities and halted a lot of processes in the entertainment industry. For now, I’m staying safe, resting and recording more music,” he said.

Daniel also maintained that having sleepless nights was one of the prices he had to pay at the early stage of his career. He added, “Sleepless nights for sure is number one (sacrifice). I also lost some friends because I was practically on the road after my debut hit song. Every day as an artist, one makes sacrifices.”

he further stated that staying in Lagos State over the years has influenced his approach to life and situations.

Lagos has influenced me a lot, especially my approach to life and situations. This is a very peculiar city and it inspires me daily.”

Asked if he had ever questioned his talent at any point during his career, he said, “I never did and that is the last thing I will do. Music is an art for me and my art is drawn from within my soul. I tell stories about my experiences and that’s why I can never doubt myself.”

The award-winning vocalist noted that he considers what he does privilege and service to humanity. “I see it as a privilege and service to humanity. My music is curated to bring peace, calmness and love to listeners and it’s heartwarming to see my art being appreciated by fans all over the world,” he added.

Daniel insisted that he had many memorable moments and couldn’t single out one as being the most significant. “Life has been amazing for me and I can only thank God,” he said.

The post Why I Keep My Relationship Private – Kizz Daniel appeared first on Retwtr.com News Adverts Nigerian Twitter Search Nigeria Click now login logout with facebook – Latest News and Updates.

Facebook Comments
Read more Comments Off on Why I Keep My Relationship Private – Kizz Daniel

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has said the sack of service chiefs may derail the fight against Boko Haram insurgents.

Speaking in Abakaliki, capital of Ebonyi, during the groundbreaking ceremony of Nigerian Army Reference Hospital, Umahi said he disagrees with the call by the National Assembly for the sacking of the service chiefs.

The governor stated that the military needed more funding and information from the citizens.

I want to disagree with the National Assembly in my own view about the change of service chiefs. One thing I have realised is that we like change too much in this country. We want everybody to taste every seat,” he said.

“That is not what we need at this critical time of our security challenges. What we need is cooperation with the security agencies.

“Without undermining the former inspectors general, this Inspector General is a very different human being. He is a very stubborn man but stubborn to the policies and law of the land. And that is the person this country needs. The Chief of Army staff is also a very committed person. Very friendly to the civil society.”

Speaking further, Governor Umahi pointed out that nothing can be done against insurgency and criminality without information.

He urged President Muhammadu Buhari to increase funding and the frequency of the meeting with the service chiefs.

“This is very important. And at this stage even when you change, whoever you bring is going to learn the ropes. And I believe that whatever decisions the service chiefs are not taking by them alone they are taken by also the senior officers,” he added.

So I will be suggesting to Mr President in support of his retaining the service chiefs that we should increase their funding of the armed forces, we should increase their logistics, we should increase the programme that will bring information to the security agencies.

“So I support Mr President that instead of changing the service chiefs to rather increase their funding and increase the frequency of his meetings with them. And also encourage civil society to come up with information that will assist the security agencies.”

The post Boko Haram: Why Buhari Must Not Sack Service Chiefs – Umahi appeared first on Retwtr.com News Adverts Nigerian Twitter Search Nigeria Click now login logout with facebook – Latest News and Updates.

Facebook Comments
Read more Comments Off on Boko Haram: Why Buhari Must Not Sack Service Chiefs – Umahi

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has denied allegations that it is plotting to rig the forthcoming Edo State Governorship election.

Naija News reports that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had accused the APC of obtaining extra Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) result sheets to rig Edo poll.

Reacting in a statement by its Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, the APC described PDP’s allegation as“childish and comical conspiracies” because it is rattled by rising profile and widespread acceptance of its candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

The ruling party also stated that election fraud was the opposition party’s stock-in-trade.

The statement reads: “Sensing the widespread acceptance and support the good people of Edo State have given the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu in the lead up to the forthcoming governorship election, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is clearly panicked and has resorted to childish and comical conspiracies.

“Procurement of result sheets, cloning of PVCs, stealing card readers, vote buying, voter intimidation and other election fraud is the PDP’s stock-in-trade. For us in the APC, it is one person, one vote. Our people-focused development records are visible to all and the good people of Edo state are poised to make the right and progressive choice, come September 19.”

The post APC Declares Position On Plans To Rig Edo Gov’ship Election appeared first on Retwtr.com News Adverts Nigerian Twitter Search Nigeria Click now login logout with facebook – Latest News and Updates.

Facebook Comments
Read more Comments Off on APC Declares Position On Plans To Rig Edo Gov’ship Election

The World Bank has approved a fresh grant of another $114.28 million to the Federal Government of Nigeria

Naija news learnt that the grant will  help Nigeria prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 with a specific focus on state-level responses.

According to a statement from the bank on Friday, the amount includes $100 million credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and $14.28 million grant from the Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility.

It stated that the Federal Government would provide grants to thirty-six states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) through the COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Project (CoPREP).

It added that the project would serve as immediate support to break the chain of COVID-19 local transmission and limit the spread of coronavirus through containment and mitigation strategies.

Mr Shubham Chaudhuri, World Bank Country Director for Nigeria said: “Nigeria has ramped up its efforts to contain the COVID -19 outbreak, but more needs to be done at the state level, which are at the frontline of the response. The project will provide the states with much needed direct technical and fiscal support to strengthen their position in combating the pandemic.”

The post COVID-19: World Bank Sets To Give Nigeria Another $114.28m appeared first on Retwtr.com News Adverts Nigerian Twitter Search Nigeria Click now login logout with facebook – Latest News and Updates.

Facebook Comments
Read more Comments Off on COVID-19: World Bank Sets To Give Nigeria Another $114.28m